A path-breaking study of the role played by language in the construction of sexual identities in schools.
1. Confronting the context;
2. Researching language and sexuality in educational settings;
3. Using sociolinguistic frameworks to explore the school experiences of LGBT+ Yyouth;
4. Educators' perspectives on language and sexual diversity in schools;
5. Exploring ideologies of sexuality in curriculum documents;
6. SRE classroom interaction analysis and the construction of sexual identities; Closing remarks; References; Index.
Helen Sauntson is Professor of English Language and Linguistics at York St John University. Her books include New Perspectives on Language and Sexual Identity (2007), Approaches to Gender and Spoken Classroom Discourse (2012), and Global Perspectives and Key Debates in Sex and Relationships Education (2016).