Presents an advanced overview of Digital Signal Processing and its applications to exploration seismology, for electrical engineers, geophysicists and petroleum professionals.
Preface; Part I. Seismic Theory Background:
2. Seismic theory and reflection surveying: a necessary background; Part II. Deterministic Digital Signal Processing for Seismic Data:
3. Spectral analysis of seismic data and useful transforms;
4. Sampling theorem for seismic data;
5. Seismic applications of digital filtering theory; Part III. Statistical Digital Signal Processing for Seismic Data:
6. Fundamentals of digital optimal filtering;
7. Seismic deconvolution;
8. Seismic wavelet processing; References; Index.
Wail A. Mousa is Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Sausi Arabia (KFUPM). His research interests include digital signal processing and its application in geophysics, with emphasis on seismic data processing. He has taught courses on 'Geo-signal data processing' to graduate and undergraduate students in electrical engineering since 2007; and previously worked as a research scientist for Schlumberger. He was also Chair of the World Petroleum Council-Youth Committee (WPC-YC) for three years.