The Monocle team celebrates the endlessly fascinating and culturally rich country of Japan.
1. Introduction (illustrated) *
2. Essays *
3. The Nation (main photo section) *
4. Business & Brands *
5. Culture & Sport *
6. Portraits of the People (profiles) *
7. Architecture, Design & Fashion *
8. Retail *
9. Mobility/Transport *
10. Hospitality, Food & Drink
11. Know your cities (expos on main cities)
Monocle is a global affairs and lifestyle magazine, 24-hour radio station, website, retailer and media brand, all produced by Winkontent Ltd. It was founded by Tyler Brule, a Financial Times columnist, and founder of Wallpaper* magazine. Described by CBC News reporter Harry Forestell as a 'meeting between Foreign Policy and Vanity Fair', the magazine aims to provide a global perspective on international affairs, business, culture, design and fashion. The magazine is edited by Andrew Tuck.